How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 5648
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Need help troubleshooting my AC system. Furnace

Customer Question

Need help troubleshooting my AC system.
Furnace International Comfort Products
Model H9MPTO75F14C1
Serial A083159369
Coil ICP
Model END4X36L21A1
Serial X131559060
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
AC stopped working yesterday. Furnace fan running. AC compressor not.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, thanks for trying Just Answer.. we provide answers here for a modest fee, but training in diagnosis, coaching and trouble shooting involve many questions so to speak, it can take hours or longer.

I will submit our premium service offer for that if you are interested, or I can opt out and we can see if any other of our experts here think they can help for the amount you offered.

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

So far it looks like a bad contactor coil in the outside unit, or that the unit outside if off on a tripped high or low pressure switch... 60% chance... 40% chance it is an electronics issue in one of the printed circuit cards... you will need some skills with a multi meter as well if you are interested in our premium coaching, training and trouble shooting service ($49 in this case).. let me know if you would like me to post that offer or not, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How much is premium service for this question?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I see $49, lets do it
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

After you accept the premium service I will need the following:

1. Model number of the outside unit.

2. Photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the furnace blower access panel.

3. Photo of the printed circuit board mounted to the blower showing the thermostat wire connections.

4. You will need a multi meter $30 for a decent one at any larger hardware store.

Photo of the wiring diagram must be close up, well lit, and exceedingly well focused, use the paper clip icon at the right end of your tool bar or the attach files link to the left of your send button to attach the photo's.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I replaced the capacitor for $11 and problem solved. Thanks!
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Good work! and great price on the capacitor.

Related HVAC Questions