Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I was just reading through the Q and A. i have a rodgers

Customer Question

hello, i was just reading through the Q and A. i have a white rodgers 1f80-361 thermostat and I cannot change the temperature up or down. it is locked at 80 and may move to 81. The time and day buttons work. please help it is pretty hot
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: well, i do know that the thermostat is not operating correctly
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the filter is two weeks old. the vents are clean. the inside unit runs continously when turned on. not sure why as the home does not get very cool
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, replace the batteries if they need it, then remove the batteries and install them backwards for 5 minutes. Tell me how it goes.

Next see page 4 of the manual and try the various adjustments per the instructions, tell me how that goes.

We can go from there without a time limit. Hold your rating until we get this sorted out please.