Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

My hvac fan is running fine, however it wont 'turn over and

Customer Question

my hvac fan is running fine, however it wont 'turn over and blow cold air'. I decreased the temp for the unit to turn on, but no luck! it is making a buzzing noise like it wants to run.....Mary
JA: Are you an HVAC professional?
Customer: no. DIYer.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no. a handyman across the street.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: professional was here yesterday.....95$ to tell me it didn't do it for him and it may be running too hard....yep. he 'thinks' it may be the capacitor?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation

Your description usually indicates a bad start capacitor on the blower/fan motor. The capacitor can be replaced but it's probably best to have an HVAC tech make the repair rather than a handyman in most cases.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you sooo very much!! I will do just what you suggested! Hopefully its an easy fix till the old gal dies!!
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome! It's an easy fix for a pro.