BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

My Trane Air handler condensation line is not plugged and

Customer Question

My Trane Air handler condensation line is not plugged and the tray under the coil is letting water run into the insulation on the horizontally installed unit. Water is wicking into the insulation in the ducts and causing water to drip down into the drywall ceiling below. The dripping water is beyond the edge of the pan under the A/C unit. My logic says there is a hole somewhere in the coil tray which is causing this water problem
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 3 months ago.

My name is Billy. Your logic is correct.

When you have a leak like this there is a crack or hole in the condensate catch pan attached to the bottom of the ac coil.

This is a chore due to its location.....youmust pull the assembly out to get a good look....and if you find the breach hopefully it is small enough to seal with a rtv silicone.

Billy