Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Our Weil-McLain boiler has a Ucontrol model 1176-100 that

Customer Question

Our Weil-McLain boiler has a Ucontrol model 1176-100 that blows the 3A 24 vac fuse, This morning I found it blown and the blower running full speed. I shut off main power, replaced the fuse with another 3A fast-acting fuse, restored main power, and the unit begin to sequence, light the flame, and heat up the water. After few minutes the new fuse blew as well. Our local service company has tried to remedy this by replacing circulators, but I do not see how circulators load the 24 VAC circuits. There has been rain, so maybe that has gotten into something.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What is the model number of your boiler?