Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I HAVE A FREIDRICH AC COMMERICAL MODEL NUMBER XQ-12L10A-C. I

Customer Question

HI I HAVE A FREIDRICH AC COMMERICAL MODEL NUMBER XQ-12L10A-C. I INSTALLED IT TODAY BUT IT DOES NOT TURN ON. TRIED THE TEST AND RESET BUTTON BUT IT DOES NOT TURN ON. WHAT IS WRONG? PLEASE HELP.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.

Hello, is this a new unit that you just purchased from a retailer? if it is, use a multi meter to measure the power where it plugs in, and make sure that power reads 120 or 230 volts whatever matches the units name plate,

If you have power connected and the new unit does not run, take it back to the retailer.

If it is an older unit, do the same checks, tell me what the voltage is, then tell me a lot about your electrical skills so that I can coach you most effectively.