Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Need to know why my central A/C will not kick on. Checked

Customer Question

Need to know why my Bryant central A/C will not kick on. Checked the thermostat and made sure the circuit breaker is on. What else can it be?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

Have you checked the fuses out at the disconnect?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 3 months ago.

If not, lets check that. Also, if you turn system switch to OFF and then go outside close to the unit and have someone turn it on, you should hear a "click" at the outside unit. This will be the contactor pulling in.