Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I have a Honeywell FocusPro 6000 thermostat and a Trane heat

Customer Question

I have a Honeywell FocusPro 6000 thermostat and a Trane heat pump. When I moved the temperature down using the down arrow the setting went down to 65 (as I wanted) and then rapidly decreased to 50; when I moved it back to 65 as soon as I took my finger off the up button it rapidly dropped to 50. Even pushing the hold button did not make a difference. I shut the system and thermostat down by throwing the circuit breakers and removing the battery pack. When I turned it back on the screen showed a day (mon) and time. Tried setting the time but as soon as I took my finger off the up button the time began changing rapidly. Pushing the "done" and "next" buttons had no effect. QUESTIONS 1) how do I get the screen accept settings and 2)back to normal;AND 2) set the temperature
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

It sounds like you have a defective thermostat. The Focus Pro should be under warranty for at least 1 year. Do you know how old this thermostat is?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

Your t-stat has a 5 year warranty,

Expert:  Gaztech replied 2 months ago.

Here is the manual for your t-stat, Last resort try page 7 of manual, if that does nothing replace t-stat.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 months ago.

One thing you can try which MIGHT work. Take the batteries out of the unit and turn the power to the furnace off. Let it sit like this for 10-15 minutes, then replace batteries and power back on. Many times this will reset thermostat and MAY correct some problems.