Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I want to set the system to have the Evolution fan so it

Customer Question

I want to set the system to have the Bryant Evolution fan so it will run even when the A/C is not needed. I need the fan to run so the upstairs will not get so hot before the downstairs warms up enough to turn on the A/C
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I had the problem somewhat last year, so I lowered the downstairs to compensate.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: that depends on the complexity
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I just need to adjust the fan to continuous operation during the summer
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, most thermostats have a 'fan ON' option that you can select...look for that. Get me the model number of the thermostat it you can or at least a photo of the front of it so i can look the owners manual no it.

Send photo using the paper clip icon at the top right end of the tool bar.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here is an image of my thermostat. Believe it is some model of Bryant's Evolution® Connex™ Control
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, this should be the trouble shooting manual for that thermostat.

http://gpsinformation.info/joe/carrier/Infinity%20Troubleshooting%20Rev2.pdf

I still have to confirm that with you however, Bryant used several different variations.

Its difficult with no error codes showing, if you call the dealer it will be difficult for them also in this case, most will resort to first replacing the thermostat, then if that fails they will replace the printed circuit board inside the furnace/air handler... that will be expensive.

If you are handy you can do this heat stress test on the printed circuit card that the thermostat wires attach to inside the furnace air handler.

Use a hair drier to slowly warm the printed circuit card up to120F or a bit warmer, but not over 140F... if there is any change in the error codes or other furnace behavior... the card has a cracked micro circuit that opens and closes as the card expands and contracts... that proves a bad printed circuit card.

No change however does not prove the card is good however... but a change proves the card is definitely bad.

The problem is either with the thermostat micro processor or the printed circuit board it is wired to inside the furnace/ air handler.

Let me know how that goes.