Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My lennox x-13 is dripping condensation terribly into my

Customer Question

My lennox x-13 is dripping condensation terribly into my basement thru the main trunk line. How can I correct
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like the cooling coil might be spitting water into the main trunk line, or that the drain pan is no level aggravating the problem.

Tell me please about how old the system is and also send me a picture taken from about 20 feet away so I can see how your system is laid out... use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar, or the attach files link to the left of your send button for that.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The system was installed 9 years ago. The main furnace unit is on main level. All else is in basement.
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Thanks take several temperature readings with a thermometer poked inside the closest supply air duct to the cooling coil/air handler. I am looking for cold air causing condensation on the duct work when it drops below 49F in a humid environment.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

I need more photo's taken in the area where the two copper tubes from the outside unit, attach a slight bit above the furnace, the more photo's and from different angles the better, and from as far away as possible.