Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

RAKA-037JAZ Air coming out of the vents is cold but not a

Customer Question

RAKA-037JAZ Air coming out of the vents is cold but not a lot of volume coming out. Can tell by the sound of it that it is not pulling like it should.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Filter is clean on the return. Thermostat is working.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That is my first choice.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This came on the heels of an issue with my Wifi thermostat. In an attempt to reconnect wifi I changed one of the parameters on the thermostat from a 0 to a 1 and in doing so caused my boiler's circulator pump to start running continuously. We woke last night to an 88 degree house. I shut a valve off to the hot water loop for that side for that side of the house last night. It wasn't until this morning I realized how I changed that parameter. Well the circulator is now off after changing that parameter back but now the issue with the seemingly reduced volume of air coming from the AC.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

f not a lot of volume is coming out your should check and see if the evaporator coil is clean and not icing. If that is dirty or icing up that would be the issue on the unit. You may have to cut an access panel in the duct work to get at it, but that would be the most likely issue for the low volume of air.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!