Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

Vulcan duct heating system,what is mean the lock out.

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
After i turn off/on the duct heating and reset button. i am turn on the duct heating, it's start up for 19 second and then it's shut down.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sorry i didn't get the answer yet?
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Sorry no one has gotten to you sooner, that means the unit has gone into a lockout for typically an igntion failure. Normally the issue for that is a dirty flame sensor. When it lights if the unit does not recognize there is a flame it will try again and then it will fail to a lockout. There could be other things causing a lockout condition but since it is within a 20 second period that would normally be a flame issue. I would get to the flame sensor rod and clean it off with some sand paper really well and try it again.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!