Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

Tech advise that a/c unit has evaporation blockage how is

Customer Question

tech advise that a/c unit has evaporation coli blockage how is this repaired
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: yes this was checked
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is there a replacement coil
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

That depends on what he meant by blockage. If he was referring to a physically blockage meaning it is dirty and blocked then you need to cut an access hole in the plenum and clean it out with some cleaner, a steamer or use water to wash it out. If he is talking about a blockage in the sealed system that would be a bigger repair and would require a tech to do.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!