Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Have a Trane a/c with a leak in the aluminum part of the

Customer Question

Have a Trane a/c with a leak in the aluminum part of the coil. My service provider wants to install a new condenser coil. Coil is under warranty and will be provided without charge; the installation and parts will cost me $1170.00. Can't the leak in the aluminum be repaired?
Thanks,
Barbara
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Barbara, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

I'm sorry to have to confirm the bad news but there is no way to effectively repair aluminum in this application. At best it would be a patch that is unlikely to last very long.