Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Last night the thermostat went dark and the A/C unit would

Customer Question

Last night the thermostat went dark and the A/C unit would not turn on. Over night the A/C unit started working again but the face of the thermostat is blank. I just noticed at the top of the thermostat there is a message that the SW Update is trying to load. I've watched it for awhile and it keeps cycling through the update. It reaches 100%, turns off and then starts over again to update. The WiFi is turned off because that feature was something we never used. I'm not sure that we can access the thermostat any more since I cannot find it on my wife's phone. Can I do something to fix it?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a subscription customer I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know whether you are male/female, age or skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our Subscription Customers!

WHat is the make and model of the thermostat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would like to cancel this service or what ever I agreed to. I will let my local A/C handel the problem.

OK no problem at all!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, I've decided to change the thermostat to a simple digital one. Thanks.