Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

I just installed a 2 zone hvac system and have some

Customer Question

I just installed a 2 zone hvac system and have some questions.- When I turn on the just the fan does it circulate the air from outside and move the air currently int he rooms to the outside?- Is turning on the fan good for reducing mold?- How much current would just the fans draw?- How do I can the duct from the main trunk?- Are there any types of air freshner system for hvac systems?- What is best way to get fresh air into my building?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

1. circulates inside air

2. has little or no effect on mold

3. typical blower uses ~800 watts ~6.6 amps

4. You would have to cut in a take off fitting after the vent dampers if you want thermostatic control

5. There are inexpensive air fresheners pads that you stick to the filter

6. An air to air heat exchanger

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I clean the duct lines from the trunk to the duct?What is best method to eliminate mold?Where is the heat exchanger connected? How much would it cost?
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Your first 2 questions are not DIY projects and should be handled by a pro.

I don't quite follow your last question. The heat exchanger is in your furnace or air handler (you haven't given me any specifics on your system). It's already a part of your system so it should already be connected.