Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have the Totaline FlatStat P374-1100FM and one of the

Customer Question

I have the Totaline FlatStat P374-1100FM and one of the three thermostats in the house has gone totally blank and stopped working. I don't see a battery. Is there a way to reset or check the cause of power failure?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: the other two thermostats seem to be working fine. (It's a 3 level house and the issue is only on level 1). For that reason I think it may just be specific to the thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: most likely unless it is a larger scale issue. I'm not a contractor.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i've checked the breaker box and all switches seem to be in the right place. Thanks for your help.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

http://Totaline FlatStat P374-1100FM

See page 6 and tell me if your skill levels are up to the task of prying the front of the thermostat from its wall mounted sub base and then using a multi meter to check for 24 volts between the R and C terminals or not,

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks Phil. Thank link is coming up blank. When I try to find the link myself I'm seeing the instruction manual only, not a repair/troubleshooting page. Can you try the link again or email me the PDF to***@******.*** please?
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.,7-dayProgrammableOwner'sManual.pdf

Keep that in your files, it does not include the wiring diagram that the first link I send does however. and we need that.

thats the important one the wiring diagram is on page 6, check for 24 voltsAC between R and C,

Tell me if there is wire connected to O or not, if not, fit a jumper between R and Y and tell me if the zone starts cooling or not, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. It looks pretty straight forward but I need to get a multimeter (and jumper) to be able to do this correctly. We have a home warranty that covers our home system and covered repairs for a $75 sales call. I'd have to see if all the repairs required are covered or not. Do you work with sub out these jobs to local HVAC contractors? We are in San Diego (North County Coastal -- Encinitas) area. We may bring in someone to assess and complete the repair.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, we offer advice and assistance trouble shooting, we do not work with any repair or service outfits.

If you do not get 24 volts to that thermostat the problem is with the wiring at the furnace or air handler. If get cooling when you fit the jumper between R and Y the problem is with the thermostat.

Its time to locate the 'Finish and rate' link, and click on it. That is the only way the company pays me for my time and expenses, In exchange I will hold the question open to you for any follow up or advice you might need.