Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I need assistance with wiring a condenser fan motor. The

Customer Question

I need assistance with wiring a condenser fan motor. The existing motor is non-reversible with three wires. The new motor is reversible with two sets of wires (both with four wires).
How do I wire this and make sure the rotation is the same?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Ok what color wiring do you have and is everything the same except you do not know the rotation?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Existing motor is non-reversible and has three wires, brown, yellow and black. The black goes to line, brown to the small capacitor, and yellow to the larger capacitor. The nameplate shows a direction arrow pointing to the right.The new motor is reversible and has two sets of wires. One set has orange, purple, brown, and yellow. The other set has brown with a white stripe, brown, black, and yellow.

SO the Yellow from the old motor goes to the big capacitor?

Connect the Brown to the small capacitor, the brown with White to the small capacitor and then the Black to the line and the Yellow to the large capacitor where it was before. That should work fine and should be the right rotation.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
One last question . . . there is a black jumper wire between the large and small capacitors. Does that stay or get removed?

That should be removed