Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Mitsubishi Mr Slim Split unit. Today it blew the

Customer Question

I have a Mitsubishi Mr Slim Split unit. Today it blew the breaker and now neither the upstairs or downstairs unit will turn on. the outside unit appears to be receiving power and has led lights on
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: it doesnt have a seperate thermostat. filters are fine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, the fan motor or compressor in the outside unit is most likely gone bad..nothing else will trip the breaker, there may be damage to the wall mounted units and printed circuit cards as well. This is nothing that you can correct yourself.

Tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will see if I can locate a well rated Mitsubishi AC tech for you. We can go from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I fixed it myself. There was a small fuse blown on one of the outside units computer boards so power wasn't flowing back to the inside units.
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, good work on locating the bad fuse, however a bad fuse will not cause the breaker to trip, there is cause for both, the fuse burning, and the breaker tripping, the odds are nearly 100% that this will repeat. Stay in touch when it does. I will coach you through it

Meantime its time to locate the 'finish and rate' link. that is the only way the company pays me for my time and expense, In exchange I will hold your question open until you need me again ... all on the same dime so to speak.