Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I'm trying to find out what a c5 fault is on a kelvinator

Customer Question

Good morning I'm trying to find out what a c5 fault is on a kelvinator split system aircon Model KVS35HRE? Alsodo you have a photo of diagram of the cable connections to the indoor PCB? Thank you. Scott.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: About one week on this problem.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm a licensed electrician in Australia.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of at the moment
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, that model number is ***** checking, can you tell me about how old the system is?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not exactly sure of its age I guestimate 2-4 years. The unit is in/sold in Australia if regions make any difference I have found reference to it on the net just not the answers I need.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, I can't find a thing on that model, even at the Kelvinator web site

If you can send me a photo of the wiring diagram glued to the electrical panel inside the unit that sits on the ground outside the house I can mark it up with trouble shooting directions, and from that we might be able to find the wire connections for the inside unit,

Use the paper clip icon on the right end of your tool bar to attach the photo, it needs to be up close, very well lit and exceedingly well focused,

I will be off to be in half an hour or so, if I miss you tonight I will respond first thing in the morning.