Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Hooked up a Honeywell thermostat and I incorrectly wired,

Customer Question

Hooked up a Honeywell thermostat and I incorrectly wired
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Heats when set on cool
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, tell me in detail what happened, if you got sparks, look on the printed circuit board for a 3 amp automotive type fuse that may have blown.

We can go from there

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No sparks
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

I need the model number of the thermostat, most of those can be programmed internally to reverse the function of the O/B terminal and solve the problem you are having... look for it in the installation manual under advanced settings or set up settings.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I didn't label the wires off the old thermostat before installing the new one. When set to cool, warm air comes out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Rth6350d
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

So far it sounds like you may have wired it correctly and just need to reverse the OB terminal function... see if you can find it in the manual, meanwhile I will be looking for those instructions myself

If you can send me a photo of the thermostat wire connections at the thermostat and where those very same wires connect to the printed circuit board inside the furnace that will help a lot

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok looking
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

I am here but it takes time to type responses, sometimes longer to do research, a 15 minute delay is not uncommon.

Use the paper clip icon at the right end of your tool bar to attach the pictures.. they need to be well lit and very well focused, the printed circuit board is in the blower compartment on the furnace.