Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I can not get my honeywell tower humidifier to turn on Is

Customer Question

I can not get my honeywell tower humidifier to turn on Is there any fuses or other things that I should be looking at
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Look on the plug for a test or a reset button press them one at time if your unit has those. Let me know how that goes.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

You can also try it in another outlet in another room to be sure it is not an outlet problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Does not have them
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

The only tests you as a home owner can do on that unit is to make sure it has power, there is nothing inside the unit accessible to a home owner unless you are an electronics expert, then you could dig into it, but not otherwise.

Do you have a neighbor that would let you plug the unit in at their place for a test?

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Can you try a lamp or other appliance in the outlet to see if works, if the outlet will run a lamp but not your Honeywell unit, the prospects are not good for it.

Tell me about how much you paid for it and I can comment on the viability of a repair.