Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

Amana ASX 160361 16Seer keeps tripping out. Error -

Customer Question

Amana ASX 160361 16Seer keeps tripping out. Error - Thermostat sending intermittent signal.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

This is showing up on the thermostat?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, the error shows up on the Amana condenser- code says it's the thermostat intermittent signal . After I reset everything
it is fine for a time 1 hour to 1 day, then it trips again and I reset again. I changed the thermostat from the Nest (thought that might be it) to a conventional Honeywell still trips.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 months ago.

Might be a bad board on your furnace. The thermostat sends a signal to the board, which in turn sends to outdoor unit.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Even though the site has a deposit from you, it is not transferred to me until you positively rate my work. Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Experts prefer if you rate the question at the end of our first chat. Thank you!