Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My condenser is not turning on after I replaced the

Customer Question

My condenser is not turning on after I replaced the blown capacitor. Everything was working fine but I had to "push start" the fan for it to run. Now after I installed a new and functioning capacitor I can press down the button on the contactor? (not sure if that is what it is called) manually, but it won't stay down.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Are you getting 24 volts AC across the contactor coil leads when calling for cooling?