Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

I am installing an heat pump/electric backup that has hvac

Customer Question

i am installing an heat pump/electric backup that has hvac system in my work shop.would like to use a thermostat that can lock out compressor in low outdoor temps, also a thermostat that has adjustable swing, do not need to to keep the shop within a degree comfort zone . which stat do you recomend?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Most thermostats operate within 1-3 degrees is that going to be ok?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would prefer 3 degrees

This one would be the best

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
will this stat work with heatpump and electric backup,and can it be paired with outside air temp sensor for compressor lockout?

Not for all of that no, the only thermostats available will all be 1 degree units to do everything you want it to do.