Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Howdy from Oregon...We have a heat pump system, works

Customer Question

Howdy from Oregon...We have a Bryant heat pump system, works fine...a couple months ago we had a power surge in this area and the thermostat got fried. So I replaced it with an identical tstat (TSTATCCPB501), had a service guy come out to do all the advanced settings, got it working, and all is well. Except...he forgot to turn on the TSTAT backlight, and also the thermometer part of the TSTAT needs to be calibrated..it registers a couple degrees too high. I didn't notice any of this for several weeks. I don't really care about the thermometer calibration part, but I would like to get the backlight working--this thing is very hard to read without it.
I have the TSTAT manual, and have tried to follow the advanced setup directions to get this done, but can't seem to get to the correct step to turn on the backlight.
What do you think?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

http://screencast.com/t/Tw4UMlhR3P2H

Select mode 9 as shown, then toggle ON

When you get this working its time to locate the 'Finish and rate' link and follow the prompts, the company only pays me if you rate my work. We can go from there as needed.