Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

We have a Trane YCD330 with a VFD that has the SA locked

Customer Question

We have a Trane YCD330 with a VFD that has the SA locked out. We can't get the drive to run in hand or the motor to respond. Unit is 1 week old. When we first applied power to it, she ran for a few days and then threw an SA Lockout Alarm. We cleared the alarm but now the motor won't run at all. We have heard there is a code you can enter into the drive to get it into HAND. Any thoughts? Do you know of the code and what it might be?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 10 months ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. what is the model of the drive and does it also have a bypass. what are your control paramaters

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know that at the moment as it is a remote site and my guys have left. It doesn't have a bypass.

ok next i would need the model number of the drive.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't know that. I thought my guys would have it but they don't. Are you aware of any code to put it in hand?

there is not usually a code but i will not know until i know what drive you have

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll try and track it down. I'm trying to help my guys who are working in a remote area.

ok just reply back when you have the model number then i can help you from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will do. What possibilities are there as to why it ran for a few days stand-alone and now is locked out? We've checked all control fuses, boards, programming, etc.

it could be a safety tripped such as fire alarm, pressure switch, high limit, or any external saftey

Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 9 months ago.
If you have any more questions about this please let me know. If not I would appreciate it if you could rate me on my service by selecting one of the 5 stars. And thank you for using just answer