HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My Mr. Slim will turn on for approx 3 minutes. Then stops

Customer Question

my Mr. Slim will turn on for approx 3 minutes. Then stops supplying cool and upper operation light blinks. According to the manual, "stop using the air consitioner and consult your dealer" WHO IS UNAVAILABLE ... It's 90 degrees in my house.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What pattern is the light blinking?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No pattern. A slow on off. And out door fan isn't spinning

OK does the outside fan come on then for the 3 minutes?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It doesn't appear to. It's never on by the time I get to he bottom of the stairs. Would it be a freon thing?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's a year old and not used continuously.

Yes if the unit is low on gas or out the unit will not allow it to start, for this issue you will need a tech to check it out as this is likely not a push button fix for what you have going on.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How long does a Freon charge last this is Maine and we bowling use it maybe 15 days and not continuously I have an air conditioner in a different unit that's never had the charge refilled or stopped working in 10 years

The freon should never leak out, but often a slow leak develops on a system and can leak out over a year especially on units not used much. Now other things can cause this issue as well such as a bad control board on the outside unit too, so there are multiple issues that could cause your error.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks!!