Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

How to wire thermostat to

Customer Question

how to wire thermostat to
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hi Phil, I'm Brian and I can help with that!

Most fan centers have small terminal letters on the insulating plate holding the five terminals. Let me know if you can see them. If they're legible, tell me what color wires are wired to what terminals on your thermostat and I will guide you the rest of the way. If the terminal letters are not legible there are two ways we can do this: 1) take a picture of your fan center with the thermostat wires in the picture and also a picture of how the thermostat is wired then upload them here and I will annotate the fan center picture and send it back OR I can find the same fan center online and try to help that way.

Also, do you need help connecting the line voltage stripped wires on the back of the fan center that connect to the furnace's blower and incoming power? If so, the furnace make and model number may be helpful. Alternately, if you can tell me what color wires go to the fan motor and what color wires are incoming power (usually black and white), I can guide you with the line voltage connections that way.