Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I am a firefighter and I am not at home currently. last

Customer Question

I am a firefighter and I am not at home currently. last night I changed filters and found the old one had fallen through so there was no "resistance" to the air flow previously. This morning my daughter called and said there was a message to change filters. I advised that I already did and assumed it was just reminder. tonight my son said the thermostat is set to 69 but the house is 80+ degrees. he lowered it to 50 to see if it would come on. nothing. Lights on the furnace are good. The thermostat shows "permanent hold" ... I dont remember seeing this before. Is that representative of a problem, or do I need to keep looking?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

"Permanent hold" just means that someone overroad the program to hold a certain temperature and is not a problem. Check and see if outside unit is running. If not check breakers and fuses in the disconnect.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Did you have additional questions?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Even though the site has a deposit from you, it is not transferred to me until you positively rate my work. Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Experts prefer if you rate the question at the end of our first chat. Thank you!