Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My compressor has a leak at the connection (which is

Customer Question

My compressor has a leak at the connection (which is aluminum). I am being told that it cannot be repaired. What is the best way to get this verified or repaired?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: this is the first time
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: probably not
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If it can't be repaired, where is the best place to buy one and have someone install it for me?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

How old is the unit?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
a little less than 16 years.

OK is the leak at the compressor connection or the aluminum evaporator?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have the model number if that helps any. Goodman CK60-C1
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am being told that it is at the compressor connection, but that the connection is aluminum and cannot be repaired so I need to replace the compressor (which is actually fine).

That still should be fixable, I have never heard of that issue not being repairable, you will not need a new compressor to fix it, find a better company.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!