Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Climatemaster ttv072agc01arks can you only use and bypass

Customer Question

climatemaster ttv072agc01arks can you only use for cooling and bypass hwg and just capoff.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello, is this it?

My comment so far is that these are exceedingly complex systems, but yes you can install them yourself, service with these however is a crucial priority.

Tell me a lot about your technical skill sets, and if you would like a $25 extra phone call or not.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thats the unit normally i use tranquiltiy 16 but the new vs of climate master is tzv,tez,tttv. tranquility 20,22 30. but they all come with 4 pipes so to say i only need cooling option. i resell them dont install them
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i have several more codes but they will not appear online nor amazon nor ebay since there surplus units. some come with hwg / w internal pumps. but its not used in florida.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello again,

I will admit up front that I have no clue what tzv, tez, tttv mean... and that is at age 75 with 55 years in the business and consulting nationally for the last 20... if you could spell that out for me I would appreciate it. Perhaps you mean TXV, EXV, thermostatic and electronic expansion valves. If you can clear that up I will appreciate it.

Regarding the situation where you only need the cooling option, it will be vastly cheaper, and a whole lot more reliable to buy a ground source cooling system only...not all the complexity that comes with a heat pump...nor the 2 stage or variable speed blower feature.

So far it sounds like you are a retailer, and not so much a technician... my words for you are that very high quality local service company is an absolute requirement for buyers of these or any ground source heat pump system.... if you want to increase sales, work with a local ground source heat pump specialist, well established and with a good reputation to supervise the installation and provide reliable service.

the more frills and features, such as two speed or variable speed blowers, (all quite wonderful) are virtually impossible for anyone but a well established heat pump specialist to service and maintain... those are a bit like rocket science inside.

On this end I see home owners living 60 or 100 miles from the nearest town with even semi qualified technicians buy ground source heat pumps or other complex equipment, these loose badly on such a deal.

So far I have not been able to locate a ground source cooling only system for you. If you buy in volume however some manufacturers would happily produce cooling only ground source systems. I will spend some time searching that for you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
phil i just need an answer on not having to use hwg on the climate master unit if it can just be capped off or bypassed on the circuitry i have installed units b4 and have a vocational degree in electronics. i can read schematics. the difference is tranquility 16 are now not the newest out the tranquilty 20/22/30 are this is whats being manufactured. i buy in auction not from manufacture therefore i pay 10 cents on the dollar vs retail. i dont need expert advise on how to make a buck. if your not familiar with the units i qont waste your time and apologize for the inconvience
Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, you can simply remove the 24volt coil from most 4 way valves located next to the compressor and the heat pump will stay in cooling modifications or changes need be made to the ground loop what so ever.

On some heat pumps the 24volt coil on the 4 way valve is energized in cooling mode, in that case you provide 24v to that coil whenever the system is calling for cooling.

In both cases you to not connect any wiring to the W terminal on the thermostat.

Your tactic of buying surplus (new in the crate) at auction is right on the money... any of those, in an brand name can be modified to run in cooling mode only as noted above.

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

These modifications are a 5 minute job on any ground source heat pump on the market... I have worked on dozens of brands over the years, but of the several thousand options out there, only 1% or so...these all use the same two brands of compressors and blower motors and printed circuit cards, the only variable is the heat exchange surface area increases as you buy higher efficiency options.

Expert:  Phil replied 2 months ago.

Some have more bells and whistles than others.