Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Rheem #1208 928a just replaced circuit board still have the

Customer Question

rheem #1208 928a just replaced circuit board still have the same problem, not getting 24 volts to compressor have a nest thermostat getting 24 to stat also replaced all wiring
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello. if you can attach the following photo's I will mark them up with trouble shooting and corrections instructions:

Use the paper clip icon on the right end of the tool bar, or the attach files link to the left of your send button:

Picture of wiring at the nest

Picture of thermostat wire connections to the printed circuit board.

Close up picture, exceedingly well focused of the furnace wiring diagram glued inside of the blower service panel.

We can go from there

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I could not find a wiring diagram on this unit
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

http://screencast.com/t/F5lZT3vKbyQ

Where is the clear well focused photo of the thermostat with its cover removed so that I can see all of the connections there.

Your note showing 1-6 terminal connections does not show any that would run the unit outside, and no C, Y or G connections, yet those colored wires are indeed shown in the terminal strip photo.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

That big blue glowing eye photo fails to compute in my brain also or why you included it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have no problem with this unit all of last year and early part of this year just woke up one morning compressor wasn't working air conditioning stat showing 72 degrees (85 in house)
Attic fan running