HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Our outdoor AC/heat unit is burning out fans and tripping

Customer Question

Our outdoor AC/heat unit is burning out fans and tripping breakers and blowing 50 amp fuses. The technicians have been her 5 times and replaced the fan twice and it over heated today and they told me to shut the unit down and restart in the morning. It is 90 degrees in my kitchen and we have now had days of hot.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

That sounds like a voltage issue or something drawing too much current. If the voltage is low that will cause the fans to burn out and can cause the circuit to blow. I would get the voltage checked to the unit you may have too low of voltage.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!