Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a lennox hvac system, it won't turn on i pulled the

Customer Question

i have a lennox hvac system, it won't turn on i pulled the cover and the door safety switch is completely melted what would cause that
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

That is caused by excessive current through the switch. These switches are pretty cheap and go out many times, so I'm not surprised.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok so if i replace just the switch it should be fine,it was wet in there also wondering if a line froze or the motor burnt out, unit is only 6 year old
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

If it got wet, check your AC condensate drain, might be plugged. Or the filter could be dirty or the unit could be low on charge.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Did you have any other questions?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Even though the Just Answer site has your money on deposit, it does not get transferred to me until you (positively) rate my service. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.