airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have an apartment with a central "in-unit" furnace that

Customer Question

I have an apartment with a central "in-unit" furnace that only has one vent and it does not get heat to two of the bedrooms. I am thinking that a natural gas wall heater is the best way to fix the issue, because I have lost 3 tenants in a row because of it and electric space heaters make their electric bill too high in the winter. What are your thoughts on this and what BTU heater would I need for a small 10 x 8 bedroom? Also, any suggestions on where to get it from? Home Deport ect... Thanks
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 4 months ago.

The little 12,000 btu vent free from Home Depot would probably be a good choice. More than enough heat and no vent to have to go through roof or wall.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dyna-Glo-12-000-BTU-Infrared-Vent-Free-Natural-Gas-Wall-Heater-IR12NMDG-1/206556621