Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating
89712187

I have a cutler hammer on my air conditioning system with

Customer Question

I have a cutler hammer on my air conditioning system with pull out switch and the air conditioning will not turn on. I have reset the breaker inside the house and thought maybe it was a blown fuse but it says there are none. All the wires are connected in the box but still no power. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thank you
Category: HVAC
Expert:  urelectrician replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you with your electrical question.

1) Do you have a 2 wire lead AC voltage tester ( a contact type) or a multi-meter to confirm voltages at the double pole circuit breaker and at the exterior disco box?

2) The 1st step in troubleshooting the problem is to confirm if the exterior disco switch box has 240 volts. If 240 volts is present at the disco switch, then the problem is not electrical related but is an A/C unit issue.

If you have any additional questions, just let me know and I’ll be glad to answer them for you.

Otherwise, don’t forget to rate me before you log Off.

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Thanks.................Kevin:)

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I do have 240 volts of power to the ac, I bought a tester and there is power but the ac still isn't turning on.

Thanks for confirming.

Then the problem is internal to the A/C unit.

I will opt out of the question and send it over to an HVAC expert. No need to reply back to me, you will be notified once the expert picks up the question.

Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 7 months ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. first can you describe the problem with the A/C a little better. do you get air blowing out of the vents inside? when did this happen? what is the model number of your A/C unit