Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Honeywell thermostat is frozen in place -reverted to the

Customer Question

My Honeywell thermostat is frozen in place -reverted to the heat system setting and will not accept any other commands. Model number is ***** Date Code is1218
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: thermostat will no allow me change the settings. filters were replace 2 months ago
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: its 4:45 on sunday afternoon and the temp outside is 96. Internal is 83. I will do what I have to do to get this running cool
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Maintenance performed on the system in October 15. No problems and it has been working fine until today
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Do you know the model of the thermostat and is it battery powered or have a C wire to it for constant power?