Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My Honeywell digital thermostat says Cool On above the

Customer Question

Hello. My Honeywell digital thermostat says Cool On above the system box that shows the system is on cool. I've never noticed that before. What does that mean? Cool On is not flashing. It is steady. Thank you.
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: The thermostat I think.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I guess.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Well, I don't know if this means anything. It's only a 2 year old thermostat and Trane system and have had no problem. Today though with the heat here in Nashville, TN area, my inside temp reads 76 on the thermostat but I have it set on 74. I haven't noticed before that the numbers have varied.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That just means it is in COOL mode and running, the unit should be running normally that is normal when it is on cool.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!