Sean, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company
64612473

I have had a power failure spike and I have two separate air

Customer Question

I have had a power failure spike and I have two separate air units neither will now work.I have power to each pump and each air handler.I have Honeywell focus 5000 thermostats and is it possible they are both damaged?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes they are new 2 weeks ago on the filters and the settings are correct to initiate the on function.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am willing to get service but it is difficult on a Sunday and I am fairly competent at servicing electronics.Could each thermostat have fialed and if so how to check?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I checked the breaker circuits to each unit and they are good.I waited the 5 or so minutes for each thermostat to resend an on command signal to each unit with on success.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Sean replied 10 months ago.
Alright let's start here.Check all breakers.Then I would like you to kill power to the units.... Including inside and outside then change your ac to off. Wait at least 10-15 mins then reach back to me