Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a water furnace that has stopped working. the

Customer Question

I have a water furnace that has stopped working. the thermostat flashes trouble. I checked the furnace and the indicator flashes green indicating all is well with the furnace. I turned off the circuit breakers to re-set the unit-after 3 minutes the thermostats again flash trouble and furnace does not work
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Hello, those are symptoms of a bad printed circuit board (but only 60% likely)...any problems should be indicated by flashing lights on the circuit board not just at the thermostat.... what is the error code showing on the thermostat?

Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Tell me if you have cleaned or replaced the air filter recently or not.

Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Is the ground water that sends water to the furnace running? Is it using open well water, or is it connected to buried tubing in the ground?

Expert:  Phil replied 10 months ago.

Tell me a lot about your technical skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively please.