Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a water furnace that has stopped working. the

Customer Question

I have a water furnace that has stopped working. the thermostat flashes trouble. I checked the furnace and the indicator flashes green indicating all is well with the furnace. I turned off the circuit breakers to re-set the unit-after 3 minutes the thermostats again flash trouble and furnace does not work
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello, those are symptoms of a bad printed circuit board (but only 60% likely)...any problems should be indicated by flashing lights on the circuit board not just at the thermostat.... what is the error code showing on the thermostat?

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Tell me if you have cleaned or replaced the air filter recently or not.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Is the ground water that sends water to the furnace running? Is it using open well water, or is it connected to buried tubing in the ground?

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Tell me a lot about your technical skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively please.