Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

After replacing the batteries in my Emerson home thermostats

Customer Question

After replacing the batteries in my Emerson home thermostats the digital display light is off and the ac runs continuously
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Good morning, so far it sounds like a bad thermostat, but we need to do some diagnosis, tell me a lot about your technical skill sets so that I can coach you most effectively please. We can go from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm a Moron
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I bought a new Honeywell non-programmable thermostat to replace the Emerson Programmable. After messing around and unconnecting wires, I called Honeywell support and was told. The new thermostat I bought is not compa table with my Heat pump. I'm on my way back to Lowes to exchange this thermostat. My phone is(###) ###-####if you're inclined to calling. TY
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, be sure you have power to the furnace turned off when you change the thermostat, or you could blow a fuse on the printed circuit board.

Phone calls are a premium service $25 I will submit if you like or we can continue here.

Tell me what color wires were attached to which terminal letter on the old thermostat....I can coach you more effectively that way