bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I just bought a home which has daiken b410a, inside

Customer Question

I just bought a home which has daiken b410a, inside thermostat is stating error code LC & my unit is not cooling. The outside unit doesn't seem to be coming on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 4 months ago.

My name is Billy.

This can be very easy...or really difficult.

If easy it is just wire damage outside, weedwacked, chewed etc. BUT, it can also be as bad as a compressor.

Please see the attached for a full description from service manual

Click Here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I d read that this was a heat pump as well , and that is where a problem might come up,
Background
The home was built as an Energy efficient and Green Home, They had a solar thermal water heating system in place, until a few months ago , someone broke in and stole the Water heater and thermal miser and computer i believe a Steca sun-earth st301 and im sure there were other things that im not aware of , But could the Daiken have been connected to any of those units that were stolen ? I will send pics so you better understand
Also - to replace this exact set up was going to cost $6500 , so i decided to get a propane tankless water heater instead , was that a mistake if these things connect or ???
Pics should be simple enough , and lastly when i was in attic , taking pics , I came across some papers which i think explain the lay out of how they did it.
THanks again
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you reccomend i test or do anything ??
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

According to the Daikin manual that I have LC = a communication fault between the inside inverter and the outside control unit. So first thing to do is check that the wires are all intact and you have continuity. It is always best to do one system at a time so that you can establish what is working and what is not rather than trying to do them all at once. - Ian