HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

Have a janitrol ck42-c serialthat is working but not keeping

Customer Question

Hi, have a janitrol ck42-c serial(###) ###-####that is working but not keeping up at night or day. Unit was doing just fine. had a tech. come by, stated A/C not cooling properly system charged properly. 90 degrees outdoors and system can't keep up. I have a hard time with this it only cools to 72 on a 78 degree night. Something I noticed, the fan on the cond. does not turn real free, meaning pushing with a pencil it will turn once when hot and twice after cooling for 45 min. also the center of the top of the unit stays very hot, to hot to touch. wondering if the fan is running fast enough to cool unit. Oh yea, he also said the air between the intake and exhaust was 14.8 degrees
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters? The HVAC Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: New filter, stat is set at 76 house is 81 degrees. I can replace motors and such but do not have gauges
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The unit runs constantly when set at 72 degrees day or night when set at 73 it shuts off for awhile then comes back on. Raised it to 76 tonight at10:30 and it has not come back on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The issues is that condenser fan. You need to replace it and soon before you burn out your compressor. Replace that and you will be good to go but do that very soon!

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!