Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a mach 8000 series when I'm driving my motor home

Customer Question

I have a Coleman mach 8000 series when I'm driving my motor home with my genset running my rooftop ac blow warm air. But cold when parked? Every thing is clean and running properly. Which way should the fan be drawing air through the condenser coil? In from the back or in from the sides out the back?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That is a power issue with the Genset...dirty power causes that issue from the Genset...did this just start happening?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I keep answering but you site doesn't reply

MMMMM I have not received anything?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Relist: I still need help.
This site is very difficult. No matter how many times I reply nothing happens. Ok let's try this again. Your reply said you needed more info. I said what is dirty power from a generator and how do I fix it. This is the 3rd Time I responded.
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If I understand you, if your run the generator while driving you get warm air. If you park and plug in its cold?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that is correct. But when I'm parked even with genset it's cold. Always cold parked shore power or genset?
Expert:  WCohn replied 3 months ago.

So, if running the generator its warm while driving and cold while parked?