Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

Our old 7 day programmable kenmore themostat stopped

Customer Question

Our old 7 day programmable kenmore themostat stopped working. Replaced today with wifi 7 day honeywell rth9580, which runs but no coolong. Still89 degrees in house. Fan works. I set systm for heat pump and wired as close to old systm as could. I have a w1/o/b wire and a w2. Honeywell w2 also says aux backup, but I don't thi nk we have backup. Called honeywell but no help. How do I get to cool? Do I need to rewire? Thanks
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Yes and changed filters. Honeywell guy on phone agreed with settings except did not know how to set the changeover because of backup/w2 wire question. I have connected wire but sais no backup in s
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Ettings
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What wiring do you have all connected please list it

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
C g r y1 y2 w1/0/b w 2

What wire do you have to O/B

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Beige w/o/b. And was mistaken. There is no y2 wire. Checked again. There are only 6 wires.

Is this a heatpump unit for sure?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Central ac. I changed in thermostat but still no cooling. Thanks for making me doublecheck.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
That fixed it. Reset system with correct heat setup and now cooling. Thanks

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!