BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have a klimaire 12,000 btu split system in my garage.It is

Customer Question

I have a klimaire 12,000 btu split system in my garage.It is about 5 years old.has always worked great and kept the garage at a constant 77 degrees.This spring it was having trouble cooling.Checked freon level and it is still fully charged.Cleaned the fins on the outside unit and it started working again.Today I have noticed it is not cooling as it should.Is their a thermostat or temperature sensor that could be going bad?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Everything else on the system is running.the fan on the outside unit is blowing like it should.The compressor is running.the unit is trying to cool but just not working as it should.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I installed the unit myself and can usually fix anything if I know what to look for.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just that the unit was installed by me @ 5 years ago and had been cooling great untill now.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 3 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying