HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

On Monday a Panasonic FV 0511VKS fan was installed on

Customer Question

on Monday a Panasonic FV 0511VKS fan was installed
on Wednesday attic was sealed and insulated, at one point creating a great deal of dust around the fan
after insulation was complete, the fan ran for 14+ hours, on high - rather loud
it now only runs on high, so I have to guess when to turn on the switch and make it run
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

You need to change out the speed control board on the unit, it overheated and has gone bad. It is cheaper to just change the unit out rather than try and get that part and replace it separately though. You can get a new one complete on Amazon for about 200 dollars.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!