Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

When the compressor turns on. The freon pres' is between 50

Customer Question

When the compressor turns on. The freon pres ' is between 50 & 55 the compressor claders than shuts off. I'm building high side pressure by putting a cover on top condenser. It builds presure only when pump turns on to 300 plus high side. I Remove cover compressor shuts down. Can you advise
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Is the compressor making a bad noise when it runs? Also how long will it run for before shutting down?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
One minute
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you want me to call.?

Do you need a phone call?