Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Lennox CBX32MV. The thermostat reads The A/C turns

Customer Question

I have a Lennox CBX32MV. The thermostat reads The A/C turns on for a few seconds, then goes off. It reads Alert/Error 201. Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Not sure what 201 indicates. I only know that it's 80 degrees in the house.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what's involved.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Have you tried turning power to indoor unit off, then back on after a few minutes?